jueves, 7 de febrero de 2013

Lisale guhle

Dear Ebenezer family,

God has been very generous with me, so I wouldn't like to leave Zimbabwe without telling you this story:

Since very little I dreamed about two things. One was to travel around the world, the other to engage with development. I didn't exactly know what those dreams meant, how I'd put them in practice, where, when or how I would shape them, but I was certain I had to attend those desires so I set an approximate date for a long trip, being Africa my first stop.

I started working hard, very hard!!! There was once a moment when I had a full-time job and six other part-time jobs to save up money for the travels. I was also finishing my final degree thesis (like preparing for A levels), convincing my relatives that I would be save and searching for development projects to learn about on site. It was tiering, and many commodities, free time, seeing friends or even having proper sleep became mere illusions. But I was happy! I knew all the effort was to fulfill these two big dreams, so it was more than worth it!

And after a pretty long time, many moments of doubt and lack of light... it happened! A friend talked to me about Ebenezer and without realizing I was already planning with Renée my stay here. How wrong I was when I thought my joy couldn't be bigger! I've discovered that happiness doesn't have limits and for many reasons -of which I will tell you three- it is growing bigger and bigger in me every day:

To start I know that I'm doing what I have to be doing. I lack of any scientific reasons and explanations but it just feels right.

Then I am learning different views and ways to engage in development. Ebenezer is a beautiful project which brings hope to Zimbabwe through you. With all the knowledge you've acquired and the use of your hands, heads and hearts, employment, quality work, enthusiasm and values can be spread in this country.

 And the best bite for the end: it is from you that I get the biggest joy every day! All the learning I receive from each one of you is uncountable and you probably don't even realize... Of course that Ndebele lessons and songs count, but you've tough me much better things: with your example I've learnt about respect, hard work, politeness, cheer, sense of humor and even about accepting punishments with a smile!!!

Thank you. Thank you very much Zimbabwean family! I wish you many dreams, and the perseverance to make them become real.

Lisale guhle,

Piluzile Ncube_





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario